mag r8 image update problems

toonmag

CSVipshare User
Any one who has updated to the new r8 image and are now having problems with there portal, I have a copy of the r7 image witch can be installed in bios

toonmag

CSVipshare User
r7 image

Found these files for 218r7 from links posted below and reinstalled thru bios and all good again.
Remember rename bootstrap_250 to just bootstrap and put both files in a folder named mag250 or mag254 whichever you have
Load folder onto a FAT32 formatted usb stick.
Note I have only used this with a mag250.
Links:-
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

to enter bios press and hold menu after power on
hope this helps

georgios73

CSVipshare User
Hi thanks for the download links. Just followed your instructions but every time I push OK in USB bootstrap menu for update it shows a message 'file mag250/imageupdate not present'
In bootstrap menu it says 'bootstrap partition absent'
Any ideas
Many thanks

georgios73

CSVipshare User
Hi I tried another usb (new formated to fat32) but no luck.
I am using the rear usb port and have followed your original instructions but still getting the same problem.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated
I used the usb bootstrap
I also tried within the inner portal it showed me that r7 image was available but when pushed F1 to update it gave me a 'wrong signature' message. Maybe the image is corrupted? Can you pm me the image you used please many thanks.

Last edited:

jas3230

CSVipshare User
hi i would also roll back firmware on my mag250 as r8 has bugs i can't get into bios . when i try to update from update page it says wrong signiture. any further ideas will be appreciated. thanks

georgios73

CSVipshare User
Many thanks to toonmag for all your help. My mag250 is now running r7 and everything is perfect.
For those having problems try a new USB stick or an old one formatted using windows (for some reason when I used my mac it gave me the problems I posted above) Follow the OP's instructions exactly.

m4tty1

CSVipshare User
Hi

Follows instructions but the same image loads up even though it says the image has flashed successfully.

Its the blade version of the Mag250 with their software that has no portal option.

Can anyone help ?

ringo2008

CSVipshare User
Hi I tried another usb (new formated to fat32) but no luck.
I am using the rear usb port and have followed your original instructions but still getting the same problem.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated
I used the usb bootstrap
I also tried within the inner portal it showed me that r7 image was available but when pushed F1 to update it gave me a 'wrong signature' message. Maybe the image is corrupted? Can you pm me the image you used please many thanks.
thanksssssssssssss